Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 4

My gosh. It's only day 4 and I've already fallen off the wagon.
I had a friend in (a rather serious) crisis and of course that called for chocolate. 

Ugh

Chocolate. 

My. Worst. Enemy.

I haven't yet worked out how I'm supposed to say "no" to the super sexy, smooth allure of Chocolate. I need to find a way though. It's probably the biggest hurdle I'm going to face on my mission. 

My Wiifit thinks I've lost half a kilo (woohoo) though I'm pretty sure it would have been cancelled out by my sympathy-choc-indulge-session.

Must weigh myself on some proper scales!

I've been doing some readings about sugar cravings and the like. The general consensus seems to be that the cravings come and are gone again in about the space 10-20mins
What the bleep am I going to do for 20mins while a craving passes!?!?

On a more positive note.
In the last few days I've made some changes that ARE good. 
I've managed to walk at least once a day.
I've switched from regular tea, to peppermint tea! - I tried it for the first time today with a friend to hold my hand and was pleasantly surprised. So I figure it's just something else that I wont have to add sugar to anymore. 
I've also been drinking more water which can only be a good thing.

I'm getting back on the wagon in the morning. I have the alarm set for 6am. (Unless a certain munchkin baby wakes me earlier or gives me a rotten night) Out the door for my 40min walk by 6.30am. (Wishful thinking perhaps?)




1 comment:

Girl said...

I find if I have really good quality choc I will eat less because it's more enjoyable to savour.

Let a pieces melt in you mouth some and then just feel it and taste it. Mmm.

You'll do grea. Just take it slow and steady-ish. :)